Animo Sano Psychiatry team is growing. We’re excited to welcome our new PA-C, Whitney Andrew! We had the pleasure to talk with Whitney about her life and experience and learn more about what motivated her to become a part of our team. Here’s Whitney’s inspiring story.
1. What inspired you to pursue a career in healthcare and what brought you to Animo Sano Psychiatry?
When I worked in oncology, I saw the strong connection between mental health and physical health. I realized that I enjoyed mental health care and felt like I could make a real difference in the quality of life for patients if I worked in psychiatry. I chose Animo Sano Psychiatry because we strive to give the best possible care to patients, while also caring for those who work at the practice.
2. What motivates you?
My love for my family.
3. Tell us something about you that would surprise us?
I went to the Galapagos Islands as part of my undergraduate program at NCSU!
4. What words of wisdom do you live by?
With humility comes wisdom
5. Share a recent “proud moment.”
When I am able to have open and difficult conversations with my teenage son and daughter.
6. Share any volunteer or charity efforts you’re involved in.
I regularly financially contribute to ADRA (Adventist Disaster Relief Agency) and Hope Reigns. I also play piano and sing at my church frequently.