Practice Office Manager - Psychiatry Group Practice/Mental Health Outpatient
Job Description Summary
The Practice Office Manager position is a critical role for the practice. This position supports a wide range of operational & human resource functions by providing a front-line response, support, and oversight of daily non-clinical practice operations, and the patient flow of the practice. The practice office manager engages in leadership decisions to ensure the continued delivery of high-quality patient care and engagement while maintaining a state of profitability and growth, and compliance with governmental regulations.
Skills and Job Duties
- A passion for patient-centered care & customer service, and to serve patients in a mental health care delivery setting
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of medical billing and insurance-related matters, and regulations related to Medicare, commercial insurance, and HIPAA
- Ability to communicate with people with various levels of medical/behavioral health knowledge in both written and verbal forms
- Data management and organizational skills/Computer software proficiency, and proficiency in the use of an Electronic Health Record, specifically
- Support the financial management and financial performance of the practice to maintain a state of profitability and growth
- Supports the adherence to and (as a startup) the development of company culture, policies, procedures, and standards regarding quality assurance, customer service, intake/registration, productivity, data entry, patient record management & retention, charting, billing, and collection, cash posting
- Supports practice clinicians and patients through the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of an efficient and effective patient record/data management process
- Supports practice clinicians and patients through developing and managing a daily workflow in responding to and resolving patient record requests, prior authorizations, updating patient insurance information, and eligibility/verification of benefits
- Acts as liaison and communication bridge between patients, clinicians, payers, referral sources, and business partners, to ensure timely communication and resolution to all aspects of efficient and effective delivery of patient care
- Supports the effective and efficient scheduling of patient visits, and efficient clinic flow, to maintain financial integrity and stability of the practice operation
- Assists in the recruitment & onboarding process of clinical and administrative staff to build and maintain a high-performing team
- Analyzes data from practice to evaluate for trends in growth and productivity
- Conducts activities directly related to finances, such as monitoring co-pay and account collections/participates in weekly meetings with billing/credentialing vendors to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in revenue cycle management
- Daily interaction with patients to assure patient satisfaction, promote patient engagement and assess any barriers to care
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, referring physicians and their office staff, visitors, clinicians, and clinical support staff
- Works closely with management and all team members and vendors to ensure the efficient, timely flow of overall operation and promotion of the practice
- Communicate changes to site staff positively and optimistically, emphasizing constructive training in new procedures and processes when implementing change
- Initiates quality control measures and monitors work quality for compliance with organization standards
- Provides regular updates to administration through structured meetings concerning site events, status reports on current/future program implementation, and issues or concerns that have arisen
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Supports the Mission, Values, and Vision of Animo Sano Psychiatry
Full-time, salaried, with benefits: Health Reimbursement Account (HRA); 401(k); Paid time off (Holidays, Vacation & Sick Leave); Bonus opportunity for recruiting clinical and administrative staff
Monday – Friday, standard business hours. This position will primarily be a remote/virtual office, with occasional in-person requirements at our practice office located at 5501 Fortunes Ridge Drive, Suite P, Durham, NC 27713. The practice office manager shall reside in North Carolina.
- At least an associate degree related to business/office management, or higher degree in health care/business management, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a healthcare/direct patient care environment, 2 years in a supervisory or team lead role
We are excited to hear from you!
Please submit your resume to:
Tom Tassone, MSW, Director of Operations