Animo Sano Psychiatry team is growing. We’re excited to welcome our new PA-C, Summer Nelson! We had the pleasure to talk with Summer about her life and experience and learn more about what motivated her to become a part of our team. Here’s Summer’s inspiring story.
1. What inspired you to pursue a career in mental healthcare?
Growing up in an underserved community inspired me to use medicine as a platform to increase mental healthcare access to those who faced socioeconomic adversity.
2. What brought you to Animo Sano Psychiatry?
The ASP mission of providing quality and personalized mental health care through patient engagement and the whole person approach is something that is important to me as a provider.
3. What motivates you?
Improving the quality of life for my patients
4. Tell us something about you that would surprise us?
I started a company called ” Baking for Books” when I was 16 in order to pay for my books in undergrad.
5. What words of wisdom do you live by?
You can’t throw stones while washing feet.
6. Share a recent “proud moment.”
Launching an unofficial book give away for teenagers in substance abuse programs.